Thank you for visiting www.absenceofpaper.com. At www.absenceofpaper.com we are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with our terms and conditions www.AbsenceOfPaper.com and any other documents referred to on it) sets out what personal information we collect, how and when it is collected, how we look after it, how we use it and how we share it. Please read this policy carefully. By visiting www.absenceofpaper.com (Website) you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (Act), the data controller is minismalls LTD (Company no: 10595918) whose registered office is Top Floor, Malone Souliers, 49 Albemarle Street, London W1S 4JR, UK.
1. Your Data
When we refer to your “Data” in this policy we mean any information that we collect about you or any information that you provide to us. This includes information by which you are personally identifiable including without limitation your name, email address, home address, shipping and credit/debit card billing address(es), credit/debit card details, telephone number, other information that we may obtain as a result of authentication or identity checks, username and password, and our user or session ID that we allocate to you, and any information you submit to us when you use our services or otherwise provide via the Website at any time
2. When do we collect or receive your Data
- We may collect and process personal information in several ways including when you:
- provide any information by filling in forms on our Website, including when you
- create your Absence of Paper/minismalls account; and
- place an order on our Website;
- enter a competition, promotion, survey or other feature
- make a complaint, report a problem, submit an enquiry or provide other feedback through the Website or otherwise; or
- correspond or communicate with us by phone, email or otherwise.
- When you visit our Website we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our Website (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data that it may be shared internally and combined with data collected on this Website.
- We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, subcontractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them;
- How will we use your Data?
We use your Data in the following ways:
- We will use your Data:
- to create your Absence of Paper/minismalls account;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to contact you if there is a problem with your order or the delivery of your items;
- to answer your queries and to inform you of new or changed services;
- to conduct analysis designed to improve the way in which we market the Website, any advertising and offers we serve to you and others and to deliver any relevant advertising or products to you;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (email or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your Data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your Data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data (the [order form] [registration form]) [PLEASE CONFIRM WHERE THE OPT OUT BOX WILL BE LOCATED ON THE WEBSITE];
- to improve our Website ensure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your electronic device;
- to administer our Website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so
- as part of our efforts to keep our Website safe and secure;
- for general accounting and auditing purposes;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you; and
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Website about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- We may combine information received from other sources with Data we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
- We may share your Data with:
- any member of our group, which means any subsidiaries, holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006;
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you;
- advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in Edinburgh or women in Scotland). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience and
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our Website.
- We may disclose your Data to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if Worldwide Shoes LLP or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets; or
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply the Website’s terms and conditions of supply and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Worldwide Shoes LLP, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- Where we store your Data
- All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
- Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your Data, we cannot guarantee the security of your Data transmitted to our Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
- Your rights
- You have the right to ask us not to process your Data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your Data) if we intend to use your Data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your Data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Our Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
- In general, you can visit our Website without telling us who you are or providing us with any information. However, we may collect the IP (Internet Protocol) addresses of all visitors to our Website, and other related information such as page requests, browser type, operating system and average time spent on our Website. We use this information to monitor and improve our Website and your experience with it.
- Access to your Data
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Last updated: 24 April 2018